It’s wonderful to practice conservation and sustainability at home. We decrease our own footprint in the world and show our children how to respect our environment and resources. We can further our impact in this world by also supporting businesses with the same green values.
When shopping or hiring for services, evaluate if the company is also doing their part to conserve energy and other resources. Look for the following:
- Does the business recycle their e-waste?
- Do they use recycled products?
- Do they use less packaging or is their package made from post-consumer recyclables?
- Do they use solar or wind energy?
- Do they invest in carbon offsets?
By choosing to do spend money with green businesses, you are also investing in a safer, greener world.